Saturday, July 9, 2016

Nope, I am not going to buy that online

I buy many things online. Not to say I shop online exclusively, but Amazon knows me; a little too well. I buy my text books and art supplies, my gluten-free snacks and dye-free Crystal Light, and clothing and shoes for every member of our family. Heck, I even buy my contact lenses and makeup online. Most of the time these purchases are made because I am short on time and do not have it in me to go shopping – to spend hours going from place to place looking for the item I know I want. When time allows, I prefer to shop for gifts and clothing at our local boutiques, but time is a luxury these days. No matter how strapped for time I am, I will not purchase my prescription drugs online. I like the face-to-face interaction at the pharmacy. I fill all of my prescriptions at the same neighborhood pharmacy. I know the team there. And they know me. And although I do not have many prescriptions, I want to know that I will not be taking any medicines that will negatively interact with each other.  I also want to make sure that we HAVE a local pharmacy. There are instances when a prescription is needed immediately, not over night or via express shipping. By shopping my local pharmacy I am helping to keep the pharmacists and technicians employed, the lights on and the doors open. I am insuring that when I need to talk with a pharmacist, I will have one in the neighborhood, one who knows me and my family, not someone at the other end of a customer service email address. 

No comments:

Post a Comment